Get cracking with this great breakfast idea! The secret of scrambled eggs is not to overcook them in step 4 otherwise they will become dry and rubbery.
- Preparation 5 mins
- Cooking 5 mins
- Serves 1
- 2 eggs .
- 1 tbsp milk .
- salt and pepper .
- a knob of unsalted butter .
- 1 slice of bread (toasted) .
- spreadable butter or margarine .
- 1 dollop ofketchup
- mixing bowl .
- whisk .
- medium saucepan .
- wooden spoon
1. To crack the eggs, tap each one in turn on the side of the bowl. Then gently pull the shell apart so that the insides drop into the bowl.
2.Add the milk to the bowl of eggs. Season with salt and black pepper and whisk the ingredients together until they are mixed in completely.
3.Over a low heat, gently melt the butter in the saucepan. Take extra care when doing this because if the pan gets too hot, the butter will spit.
4. Carefully pour the beaten egg mixture into the pan and stir constantly for 2–3 minutes. The egg will become a firm scramble but should look moist.
Serving Tip: Scrambled eggs taste great on lightly- buttered toast, with a dol lop of ketchup